Its going to end .. she knows it

"naku telusu ra nenu batakanu ani" -

Doctors say her liver is damaged. Her excretory functions are going down. I have never been with her since birth. Its just a matter of 6 years, a series of not so frequent visits. Huge squared specks, hairs grown white, woolen blouse, was the first time i saw her. We were strangers. She knew telugu, i was ignorant. As if we just had different protocols, yet all communication was done with expressions. I saw in her my grandma. She was my teacher's mom.

Just have a faint picture of my grandmother (never got a chance to see her), built up by Dad's description of her. Dad writes -


Well that is Oriya. You will have to comprehend it for urself! Never seen death so closely. She lies down in the ICU of Mission Hospital Mysore, cant speak yet smiles. She knows it, may be its a sixth sense, she knows all is going to end may be for a new beginning .. as the scripts say .. i dont know, I tried to learn Telugu a lot of times but comprehending complex sentences even puts me at confusion. She says "naku telusu ra nenu batakanu ani", i know am not going to survive.

We talk-smile-think-react-fight-compete a complex set of actions giving rise to n combinations! i guess if my math’s is right, which define each of us so distinctively and yet all boils down to one thing .. death .. is it zero or the undefined infinite we all are directed to.

0 comments: