perm-imperm

For a few days now I haven’t missed the sunrise. I guess there are times when the night just fades into the bright morning not otherwise. Perhaps if that would be for all where all our deepest agonies and sorrows fade into joy. At times they do I guess, its just that that you don’t know when. What surprise’s me since my last article is the things around us. Despite the understanding of the noble truths that man is here to suffer and reach a point where it all ends, mans urge to fight it all amazes me. Perhaps that’s one of the commendable things about HIS creation. Guess more than HE enjoys in making us play on the stage if Shakespeare was right, we enjoy being actors trying to be the best of ourselves. Some try to the play the role of the of the good ones acting the role of Givers and others the Takers. What perhaps constant is both the parties try hard to fill in...

This guy I stumble upon this morning would be barely 7 years of age. Perhaps wouldn’t know who the parents were, nor the place he was born. A few of you feel happy of your origins, and for a few the origin itself becomes a curse overtime. Of course the curse is a creation of indifference one cant but live with. A few are lucky to have known none. A lot like this child struggling to rise up on pavement of the platform in one of the busiest cities. I envy him of his ignorance of his origin of course that stands apart. What is more intriguing is the effort this guy puts into getting up. It would be easy anyways for people like us :)

Fragile legs like those of a lark, underfed for days, hair uncombed. The scar where both arms end, is too deep to be a natural cut. Perhaps they were severed off forcibly. Now I guess that explains the difficulty in getting up. Would he be any different in case he had those hands. Perhaps no. He would have been a commoner like me who fails to realize the value of my own hands. Today he is. He knows, is aware of the pain that would be caused if he tries to thrust his head on the ground to lift his body. He knows it might bleed. He knows he might fall flat in case the forehead doesn’t resist. He is aware of the humiliation he would perhaps go through as people watch with pitiful eyes wondering how bad fate is to him yet doing nothing to help him rise. He is perhaps aware that after so much of an effort the only outcome would be, that he would sit up which is something we do everyday and fail to realize what sitting up and breathing is! That would be a simple outcome of the enormous effort this guy made through all this time.

For a few of us it would make little sense for we believe that what is there in sitting up if we are to meet an end one day! Life’s impermanent anyways. What is the difference if I continue lying, if I am to get up and that’s in my destiny someone will come and pick me up. For a few of us, the effort desired and the related outcome doesn’t make sense. For we feel its not equated properly. For a few, the fear takes over as they think, what if I bleed, what if my head cant resist my body, what if I fall down again and hit my eyes, rationalizing every bit of a possibility to an extent that the desire to rise and breathe itself is nullified. Perhaps...

For me, I stand in awe of things contemplating on what is the right approach and what is wrong as I see this guy struggle, fall and finally rise up in 30 long minutes ready to ask for alms which would probably make his day! I have been thinking all the while with no difference in the feeling, yet for this guy I think he’s won a few feelings, the feeling of being down, the feeing of breathing fresh air, and the feeling of happiness on the alm he earned for the day! In a life that’s definitely going to end I guess hes made something into his moments pocket that would stay permanent as long as he lives. Beyond that, well do we know for certain what is beyond?

The imprints of moments that touch us become more permanent than those sea waves. The lives of those who have touched us irrespective of how continues to make noise. Even in the impermanent world as ours, we live with the permanent moments we have made so far unless we had a pill to forget them. I wonder on the ways of living in an impermanent world that contains within itself the deep permanency of those moments... the perm within the imperm, perm-imperm, Perhaps...

1 comments:

Sheetal Mehta said...

:) good!!