the pigeon...


A large lonely 3 storey building , with 7 people on the 3rd floor towards the extreme corner, 22 cubicles with a few filled! that's where i make my bread and butter :) The rest of the place is unoccupied... It used to be a large office once, belonged to one of the largest telecom provider. A place, where you could rarely hear the sound of the pin drop for that was masked by the noisy crowd working together to support customers across the globe. Things change!

The monsoons have just arrived, a fresh mild shower in the morning has cooled down the climate with the fresh fragrance of the wet mud. Work seemed to be a little less, and i move out for a short walk on the long corridor. Silence is scary sometimes, but at times it does take you closer to the beauty of creation. There ain't any thoughts on my mind except for the last line of a mail from someone young! This thought seems to fade away with the random movements of this 2 legged small creature who's engaged in its own world. Circling, looking at the sky, occasionally making a sound which i cant hear as its on the other side of the large glass window. The separator. I guess that is necessary for without this it would have flown away. The pigeon.

Someone had once told me as a kid, that these birds have an ability of sensing the silent places. Places where there is peace. Yes you do find pigeons in noisy places yet that would be a rare sight! How do they sense it? A miracle I guess...

I have seen pigeons everywhere. Have never observed them so closely though. However I have always seen them in clusters or pairs. Rarely with the younger ones! I guess the parents leave their younger ones to their fate, like the tortoise at the sea who come to the shore during the breeding season, lay eggs, go back to the sea and never turn back. Some new born tortoises survive their fate and some become a meal.

Now that is so rude of nature from one perspective since the parents don't take responsibility. On the other hand nature is probably preparing them for a stiff survival! ... Reasons based on our comprehensions I guess .. that's the limitation of this mind though.

I wish I could tell you the reasons for all my actions yet I think that will be ahead of time. Quite often we may not be in a state where we might start accepting a different perception for we tend to be in deep love with our own perceptions. As the bird grows a little older the parent bird pushes the kid down. The small bird with not so well grown feathers is scared to death. It starts hating the mother bird for such an action. It resists for its afraid of its own death.

The mother rarely cares. It forces the bird, pushes it down from the highest point, aware of the freshly grown wings. The parent probably knows that it wont die and the wings are strong enough! ... Fear, hate and freedom! .. The bird flies free and then it starts seeing worlds larger than its own nest. Grows stronger in time. Some do fly back home ..

Now what would happen if the parent bird tries to protect the small kids at all times? What if the love is so much that a little distance is enough to break things off? May be you have an answer dear...

The parent bird has to push, hate and go away never seeing the face of the kid to make it stronger. May be that's a reason. With the parent beside, the kid would have never flown!

I wonder if you would read all this, even if you did I wonder if this all makes any sense to you .. even if it did I wonder if it percolates into your thoughts, and you realize what made you write the last line "...don't worry about me. I will try to make this my last mail". Every child does ... I would have! Yet...

Let the free pigeons, remind you of your infinite potential, make you stronger ... that's the wishes of this hypothetical dad... I must confess, being a dad is a tough game. I wonder how the one I have, managed to play it so well... :)

0 comments: